Agricultural Science Certificate Schools

Do you want to build upon your current degree and learn more about food production? You can look into certificate programs in agricultural science.

What is agricultural science? It is a broad and multidisciplinary area of study dealing with the study of plants, animals, food, soil, and crops. Agricultural sciences also includes research and development on a variety of topics related to the production of food for human consumption, as well as the prevention of biosafety problems that may affect the environment and human health.

Individuals who are interested in studying agricultural science can choose from bachelor’s and master’s degree programs in related areas of study such as agriculture and agribusiness. Several colleges and universities also offer agricultural science certificate programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Graduate certificate programs are primarily intended for those who seek to advance their careers in the field of agriculture or those who wish to increase their opportunities for entry into the field.

Current Certificate Programs

  • Linn-Benton Community College offers the Agricultural Sciences program through its Science, Engineering and Technology Division. Independent Pathways Certificates are also available for those interested in pursuing specific focus areas. The Agriculture curricula lead to an Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS) or a one-year certificate. Participants who successfully complete the one-year Certificate Program in Agriculture will effectively analyze crop production problems; effectively manage agricultural crops or production supplies; and compete in the job market for a position in the agricultural industry.
  • Students of Central Arizona College Agricultural Science Certificate and Degree Programs participate in a wide variety of agriculture courses designed to launch careers in biotechnology, agribusiness, genetics, banking, real estate, conservation, education, environmental protection and more. Aside from classroom instruction, students are exposed to learning off-campus at local firms, dairies, agri-businesses and ranches of Arizona’s Pinal County. Central Arizona College offers the following degrees and certificates: A.A. and A.S. Agriculture University Transfer Degree; A.A.S. Agriculture General Degree; Agriculture General Certificate; and, Agriculture Business Certificate.
  • The University of Wisconsin College of Agricultural and Life Sciences provides opportunities for study in a range of department majors and interdisciplinary programs or specializations. The College of Agricultural and Life Sciences offers the CALS International Certificate, designed for students who have an interest in practice of CALS disciplines in an international context. Students are required to complete a minimum of 16 credit hours of coursework. Those who earn the certificate will acquire an academic foundation for work in countries outside of the U.S.
  • The College of Agriculture, Human and Natural Sciences of Tennessee State University offers the AEE Graduate Degree or Certificate Options for those who wish to teach as agricultural educators. Students who hold a baccalaureate degree may enter the Post-bac licensure program.