TEFL certification allows you to obtain a job teaching English to numerous schools, not only in the United States, but also abroad.
The TEFL certificate is recognized globally. You are assured of a teaching position as soon as you finish the course in any TEFL certification school. Attending English as Second Language (ESL) Programs means that you get complete immersion in English Language courses which make you very capable of teaching English. Moreover, the TEFL certificate program allows students to build relationships and widen your experience. There are several reputable teacher certification institutions across the country that you can consider. ESL and Teachers of English to Speakers of other Languages (TESOL) are programs that intend to prepare teachers in English Language instructions. Said courses are meant to complement elementary and high school teaching syllabus offered in ordinary schools.
Looking for Certification Schools
- Palm Beach Language Institute in Florida is a teacher certification school where you can learn English or Spanish and other foreign languages. Classes have been schedule from morning till evening from Monday to Saturday. This format was created for the convenience of working students. The Institute has small General English classes for all levels – Beginners to Advanced learners. Mentors place importance in development of listening and speaking skills. Also included are subjects in grammar structure, writing and reading proficiency. Classes are relatively small with a maximum of 10 individuals in General English and four for the executive group sessions. For inquiries, call (561) 629-5943. Address – West Palm Beach, 224 Datura Street, Suite 1100 FL 33401.
- Another certification school is the English Language School in Denver, Colorado. It offers comprehensive training in the English language for executives and international students. The school has an academic program which has been accredited by the Accrediting Council of Continuing Education and Training (ACCET). It is under the management of professionals with extensive experience in TEFL.
- Central Connecticut State University Intensive English Language Program is a TEFL certification school that offers four eight-week sessions annually. Two classes are held daily (two hours each and five days every week). It is only 15 minutes away from Hartford which is the State capital and two hours from New York and Boston.
- English Language School in Orlando, Florida offers ESL modules to American entrepreneurs and students as well as foreign travelers and corporate organizations.
- English Language School (Honolulu, Hawaii) is a certificate school which offers subjects in accordance with the latest English teaching and research techniques.
- English Language School (New York City) was established in 1989 with two campuses in West New York and Brooklyn.
- English Language School (Hackensack, New Jersey) has built a reputation of world-class teaching standards, regard for individual needs of students and flexible class schedules. It caters to Americans and foreigners.
- The Columbia University Teachers College offers a specialty TESOL program as well as master’s degrees and doctorate. The college was ranked fourth in the U.S. News & World Report Best Education Schools last year. Students planning to teach the English language in public academic institutions can complete the master’s program with the K-12 teacher certification.